In a text post, list ten books that have stayed with you in some way. Don’t take just a few minutes, and don’t think too hard - they don’t have to be the “right” “great” works, just the ones that have touched you. Tag ten friends and make sure you let your friends know you’ve tagged them.
I was tagged by my-tardis-sense-is-tingling (Thanks!) It’s taken me a while to write this as choosing ten books is pretty difficult.
1. Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone - Harry Potter was such a major part of my childhood that it would be impossible for me not to include it in this list. I, like many others, grew up with the characters and I have so many happy memories involving them.
2. The Lord of the Rings - I think if I was doing desert island discs then this would be the book I’d choose. It describes a world so beautifully and has so many interesting characters.
3. Wee Free Men - This is the first fantasy book I remember reading and since it lead a love of fantasy, including other Terry P books, I felt it should be included.
4. Those Dreadful Children - This was one of my favourite childhood books.
5. The Three Musketeers - I loved the film as a child and after watching the BBC adaption “The Musketeers” I realised I’ve never read the book. I throughly loved it and couldn’t believe I hadn’t read it sooner.
6. Red Dragon - After entering the “read the book before the film” pact I was forced to read Red Dragon and The Silence of the Lambs after being bought SotL on DVD. It made me really glad that I decided to do the pact as otherwise I wouldn’t have read the Lector books. They were amazingly written.
7. The Book of You - Not sure why this book as stayed with me. I only read it a few months ago but it really gave you a glimpse into the fear of having a stalker.
8. Geektastic: Stories from the Nerd Herd - This book made me laugh :)
9. The Mermaids Singing - Val is one of my favourite crime writers and I love the Tony Hill series
10. Twenty Times a Lady - I like the occasional chick lit and this was one of the first I read and is one of the funniest to date. It was also one of the earlier books in my book club so has nice memories linked :)
itsmrshiddleston, moreteaformeplease, sureaintnatural, youre-the-voice-merthur, erikwhy, the-quintessential-quandary, rotiferola, lost-inspaceee, mylifeasawiener and idjits-in-the-tardis